Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award

I feel like a horrible person since I'm not nominating any bloggers for this award. I've found that all the blogs that I would've nominated have already been nominated. Plus, I don't really have any good questions to ask people, so I won't even try.

Although I'm extremely thankful to Eboni from Paperbacks & Protagonists and Rimsha from Ramblings of a Bookworm for both nominating me for this award!

What the Liebster Blog Award is:
The Liebster Blog Award spotlights "newbie" blogs that have no more than 200 followers.

The Rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions put forward to you by whoever nominated you.
  • Ask 11 new questions to no more than 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on bloglovin' or their preferred method of subscription. You cannot renominate the blog who nominated you.
  • Go to their blog and inform them of their nomination!
Like I said, I'm a loser, so I'm not nominating or asking any questions. I'm so sorry! :P But I felt like I should answer the questions I've been asked, so here goes!

Questions from Ebony

1. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?

Tori:
I think the first step toward ending poverty around the world would be to attempt at being less greedy. I feel, as humans, we're a greedy bunch. I feel if we're more forgiving and giving, then we as a people could help lessen poverty worldwide. Also, charities and missions are great.

Lindsay:
I think in wealthier countries there should be a tax where everyone has to pay a dollar each month of the year, and it goes to countries with high poverty rates.

2. If you could go anywhere in the world and money was not an issue, where would it be and why? (Include a picture!)

Tori:
The Roman Colosseum!

Lindsay:
Japan! I've always loved it and wanted to ago. I'm learning the language and obsessed with the culture, fashion and food!

3. If you had three wishes from a non-tricky genie, what would you wish for? (You can't wish for more wishes or anything to do with money.)


Tori:
Unlimited access to Barnes & Noble, a full-scholarship to an ivy league college, and happiness.

Lindsay:
I would wish for my writing to be successful. I would wish to have animals I have lost back. And I would wish for more happiness.

4. "It was a dark and stormy night" or "once upon a time." Which one do you prefer and why?


Tori:
Neither because they're both cliché. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have "once upon a time," because I love fairytales.

Lindsay:
Once upon a time because it sounds like fairytales and I love them!

5. Do you read novella's? If not, why?


Tori:
It really depends on the series and who the novellas are about.

Lindsay:
For certain series I like.

6. Do you define yourself based mainly on your intentions, your actions, or something else? Why?


Tori:
I'm emotionally driven.

Lindsay:
Intentions, because I find I have good intentions but never have many actions with them.

7. Do you have any siblings? If so, what are their names and are they older or younger than you?


Tori:
I'm an only child.

Lindsay:
An older sister.

8. What is your favourite series ever?


Tori:
Cinder by Marissa Meyer or Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. But I could read Percy Jackson over and over and still be hapy, so.

Lindsay:
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

9. If you could forget one book to be able to experience it all over again, which one would it be and why?


Tori:
Cress or Ignite Me.

Lindsay:
This is a hard one. Probably The Host by Stephanie Meyer, because it's my favorite.

10. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? If you do, which ones?


Tori:
Well, I believe that the government keeps information from people, but I don't firmly believe that they're keeping aliens hidden in labs or anything.

Lindsay:
There's this one about these underground tunnels the Illuminati are building. Basically I watched a show and it convinced me haha.

11. If you could bring back just one character that has died, which one would it be and why?


Tori:
This would be a major spoiler for so many people, so I'm not going to answer this. Sorry.

Lindsay:
Same.

Questions from Rimsha

1. Why do you love to read and blog?

Tori:
I love reading because it's easy for me to get lost in fictional worlds, and I love to blog, because I love to share my love of books. And I love writing reviews. The feeling of posting a new review is amazing.

Lindsay:
Reading is something I do on a daily basis and blogging I do because I want to share good books with readers who are thinking about reading them. Books deserve to get out there and be noticed!

2. What are your hobbies?

Tori:
Reading. Piano. Volleyball. Math. Writing. Grammar. Guitar. The Vampire Diaries. The Originals. Bones (the TV show).

Lindsay:
Writing, reading, playing video games and photography.

3. What kind of person you are describe in three words.


Tori:
Sporadic. Deep. Hungry.

Lindsay:
Very, very strange.

4. Fictional Crush?


Tori:
Oh, god. Cole from Everbound. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars. Thorne from Cress. Warner from Ignite Me. Raffie from Angelfall. SO MANY. TOO MANY.

Lindsay:
It's so hard to narrow it down. Raffie from Angelfall.

5. Name three things you hate?


Tori:
People who ruin books. People who stand in the 15 items or less lane and THEY HAVE WAY MORE THAN 15 ITEMS. People who are annoying.

Lindsay:
Awful book covers, people who type everyword in an abbreviation, and the writing process.

6. Favourite Book(s)/Series.


Tori:
The Fault in Our Stars, Angelfall, Divergent, Everneath, Cress, Ignite Me, Unravel Me, ugh, too many.

Lindsay:
How To Love by Katie Cotosomething? The Angellfall series by Susan Ee, and The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

7. If you could live in a fictional world ( Narnia, Hogwarts, Middle Earth etc) where would you live?


Tori:
I like my world, thanks. xD

Lindsay:
The world that Kate lives in, in the novel Plain Kate.

8. What have are you studying/ have you studied ?


Tori:
Ugh, algebra and geometry, American and world history, the Chinese language, piano, guitar, earth science, astronomy, and so much more.

Lindsay:
I'm currently in a Ta'i Ch'i class.

9. Any Blogging advice?


Tori:
Make things your own! Copying other blogs is lame. And yes, I even mean CSS codes. I've seen people who copy other blog's CSS codes, and it's lame. Seriously. Coding takes a long time, and stealing other blog's codes is lame.

Lindsay:
Put your personality into it! It makes it fun to read and gives reviews and blogs a flare.

10. Favourite Movie(s)/TV show(s).


Tori:
The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Bones, Kung Fu Panda, Catching Fire, and so much more.

Lindsay:
The Vampire Diaries, Sons of Anarchy, Frozen, The Resident Evil Series, Reign, Modern Family and My Neigbour Totoro

11. Your role model(s) or inspirational person(s).


Tori:
Myself? Ahaha, no. My mom, definitely. And my dad. My mom knows how to have fun yet still approach things professionally, and my dad loves knowledge and taught me that school is important.

Lindsay:
Blair Waldorf, CutiePieMarzia from Youtube, and Kalel Cullen

3 comments:

  1. Great post Tori and Lindsay - it was great seeing your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! it's Rimsha BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I know this is no excuse but I wrote this post around 1 in the morning, so my mind wasn't working all that great. :( I'll change it right now!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: