Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tori's Review: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #3
Genre: Vampires, Young Adult, Paranormal
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 401
Published by Razorbill on February 12, 2013
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets--and human lives."

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.
NOTE: Guys, this is the third book in a series.

This book is by far the best in the series so far in my opinion. The plot just really takes off in this book. It's funny, because it was the same case for Vampire Academy. The first two books are meh, and then the third book just wows everybody.

I think the fact that Sydney really starts to defy the Alchemists and learns that they're not on her side is what really gave this book the extra push it needed to be the best in the series so far. Also, Adrian. Adrian also made this book a hundred million times better than Bloodlines and/or The Golden Lily. There's just something about him--it's that he's hot. Yes, that's it--that really makes him an amazing character to have in this book series. Adrian really brings life to the plot especially since Sydney really doesn't do much.
Don't get me wrong, I like Sydney. It's just that Sydney is Sydney. There's no other way to put it. Sometimes Sydney really gets on my nerves, and then other times I love her death. One thing I do love about Sydney, though? The fact that Sydrian leaves the dock That's right, guys. Sydrian is in this book, and I loved it so much.

Although the plot is still a bit predictable, I still loved this book regardless. It wasn't as predictable as its predecessors. 

The ending though. Let's just take a moment and

cat omg gif whoa

Yeah. That ending, man. That ending. I think you all should read this book just for the ending. If you don't even like Sydney, just...read the series for the ending. (I have to admit that if you don't like Adrian though you might not like the ending, but who doesn't like Adrian?) I think that this book is honestly the sexiest (other than Unravel Me. I mean. Come on. Chapter 62) young adult book I've read in the past year. I mean, the kissing is just--oh my gosh.

I'm wowed by this quality young adult literature. Richelle Mead just has such a distinctive voice. And she's so sarcastic in all her writing, and I love that. Sydney might not be a Rose, but she sure is hilarious at times.

Once again...can I say...ADRIAN?

woman fainting gif

Let's just say that I was very, very sad when the book was over and I had to wait for The Fiery Heart to arrive in the mail.

brave oh, hell no walking away shame

Adrian. I just--

jon stewart fangirling

Yeah. I'm done raving now. I hope this was a substantial review concerning my feelings on this book. I really don't have any other words. There's nothing more glowing that I can say about this book without typing Syndrian over and over on my keyboard. (Oops, too late.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love Adrian! I never liked Dimitri in the VA books. I latched on to Adrian instead. This is one of my audiobook series and I'm currently listening to The Fiery Heart. Almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, I KNOW, ADRIAN <3 And I liked Dimitri at the time when I was reading the VA books, but I still liked Adrian more, and I was really upset when Rose broke his heart. So I was really happy to read about Adrian finally getting his somewhat happily ever after in the Bloodlines series <3

      Gah, I've been reading the hardback of The Fiery Heart for the past week and a half. I seriously haven't had much time, because I had to rush to read like 3 ARCs, and I felt so stressed :3 I can't wait until I find a good 3 hours to spend on that book! (:

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: