Thursday, February 6, 2014

What Order Do You Read Books In—Order You Receive Them or When You Want?

Book Blogger Hop

When you receive new books in the mail, do the older ones get moved to the bottom of your list or do go strictly "by the book" and keep your list with older books first and then the new ones?

It honestly depends on the book. For example, I got The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead in the mail last Wednesday, and I started it on Thursday the day after. But on Monday I got UnWholly by Neal Shusterman and Everneath by Brodi Ashton in the mail, and I haven't started them yet. It's not because The Fiery Heart is better that the other two, but it's because I ordered it specially because I had been reading The Indigo Spell. I had been anticipating it.

Also, Cress and Ignite Meyeah, I preorderedshould be coming in the mail soon. I'll probably read Ignite Me and then Cress right away unless I have any eARCs that need to be read before a certain date. (I don't want to feel rushed. The only drawback of waiting to read Cress and Ignite Me would be the spoilers that will no doubt be surfacing on Twitter and Goodreads. Don't lie to me and say it won't happen. I was around for Clockwork Princess. I know how y'all bookish people work.)

If I receive ARCs in the mail, I read those first. Unless it's the second book in a series, and I haven't read book one yet. For example, I got Unforgotten by Jessica Brody the other week in the mail, but I couldn't read it until I read Unremembered. 

(Yeah, cute story. Barnes & Noble emailed me and said that my preorder of the paperback of Unremembered was being delayed. I can't decide if I'm mad or not. As long as I can get both read and reviewed before the release of Unforgotten, I'm okay...)

So yeah. There's my lengthy answer.

What about you? Do you read your books in the order that you receive/buy them or do you read "priority" books first?

Love you guys! (:
Tori ♡

4 comments:

  1. I don't read in any certain order. I have so many older books that I've never read that I really should stop buying. I don't even prioritize ARCs over others, unless they've been waiting awhile and release date is closing in. Otherwise I just read what I feel like reading.

    I just finished The Fiery Heart last week (audiobook). I neeeed the next one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do this, but I get so stressed over due dates and such. I have an eARC that releases next Tuesday, and I have read it yet, and I am stressing so much. I honestly don't think I'll get it done :3

      Ah, I don't have the same feelings. xD I was honestly slightly disappointed :(

      Delete
  2. I generally read books in the order that I received them. Unless I get a book I've been longing for, or one that's for a read-a-long, then I will start that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I envy you and your control. I usually can't contain myself if I get a highly coveted book, and I just skip all the others. xD

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: