Friday, July 26, 2013

Lindsay's Review: I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Series: None, however there is a companion novel called Chasing Brooklyn
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal, Poetry
Rating:
Pages: 227
Published by Simon Pulse on January 8th, 2008
Date Finished: July 24, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Girl meets boy. Girl loses boy.  Girl gets boy back.....sort of. Ava can't see him or touch him,
unless she's dreaming.
She can't hear his voice,
except for the faint whispers in her mind.
Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with.
He's back from the dead,
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.
I'm a sucker for books written in verse, and an even bigger sucker for books written in verse that are written well.

Schroeder did an amazing job of conveying so many in depth messages in so few words and picking the perfect verses that had me thinking about the beautifulness in words put together that I've never paid attention to before.

Ava is an amazing character that I fell in love with right from the start. I felt like I was experiencing her feelings throughout the novel and on top of that, there's just something about her that is so raw and real. I'm truly in love with her and this story, and won't be putting it away for quite some time.

Though short, this novel has so much meaning. There were times when I was holding back tears, times when I was discovering truth in the words and times when I had to take a break and breathe for a few minutes. This was a truly amazing novel.

There is so many good things I could say about this novel, but since it was such a quick and simple read, I will recommend it and hope that you will go read it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: