Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wil Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

6567017Pages: 304
Release Date: 4/6/10
Publisher: Dutton's Children's
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.

Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both of them legions of faithful fans.

This book was honestly so great. I went into it thinking that it was going to suck--no thanks to the girl that I borrowed it from--and I left the book reevaluating my life. I'm not even kidding. This book made me think about everything that I do so much. Because honestly, if you don't life your life the way you want to, then what's the point? You've only got one life, so really, don't screw it up.

The characters in this book are amazing. Will Grayson and Will Grayson. In my opinion, the second Will Grayson (the one that David Levithan wrote) was the one that I liked the most, which sounds kind of horrible since the second WG wanted to kill himself and ignored his mom, but still. He was so sarcastic when I was first going into the book, just like I am. So I sort of related to him a bit, and that's what I liked about him.

The first WG (the one that John Green wrote) was sort of a pussy. I mean, come on. Basically all he did was whine about how having a fat, gay friend was horrible. Seriously though. The starting line in WGWG was like 'my dad always said that you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose' and then John Green's WG went on to call his dad a liar and say that he didn't pick his fat, gay friend Tiny, and that Tiny picked him. Then John Green's WG continued to complain about how it's Tiny's fault that he's not cool anymore.

Yes, John Green's WG, you're welcome to fucking fall off your high horse now, because you're ridin' pretty high in the sky.

But nonetheless, I liked John Green's WG. Just not as much as David Levithan's WG.

The other characters that I loved were Tiny, Jane, and Gideon. I loved Gideon the best. He was a minor character, but he definitely was a turning point in the book and he was the one that made the end possible. So yeah. Kudos to you, Gideon.

Tiny and Jane though. If you've read this book, then you'd understand why these characters are my faves.

But like I said in the beginning, I went into this book expecting something horrible and left it feeling like I was unable to comprehend. This book was truly a gem to read, and I'll probably be rereading it eventually once I knock all my other TBR books off my list. I definitely recommend this book, so go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: