Monday, November 11, 2013

Obsidian + Onyx + Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux #1
Pages: 335
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Rating: ★★★★
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

Uh, honestly, this book was like crack cocaine. I read it in two days. I would've finished it in one, but school was the next day, and we all know how school gets in the way of my raging reading habits. Well, other than that, I loved this book to pieces. Looking back on reading this, I wish I didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but for some reason I still liked it.

This book was basically just about a teen girl named Katy fawning over her sexy alien neighbor Daemon. There's no plot, really. It's a very mindless read, and it's easy to get through. If you're wanting a fast, simple read with a hot alien, read this then.


 
Series: Lux #2
Pages: 366
Release Date: August 14, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Rating: ★★★★
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies….
 

Okay, to be completely honest, I haven't read any reviews of this book. I know that once I read reviews nitpicking Armentrout's series, I'm going to being nitpicking Armentrout's series. And that's just something that I'm not prepared to do. Lesbihonest here you guys, Daemon is a fucking beast, and I love him so much. There's just something about mindless love that gets me, especially when it's done right. I have to admit though that these books would suck if it weren't for Armentrout's writing/romance. I mean it's basically a repeat of Twilight...but three million times better. 

Although I feel compelled to say that I still think the name 'Luxen' for these light aliens is a little bit corny and unrealistic. I mean, why would aliens from three hundred billion light years away have a Latin name? Sorry, nope. 

But still. LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. DAEMON. OH GOD. DAEMON. BABY. DAEMON, BABY. 

I need the next book. Good thing I just downloaded it, ahahaha, I have problems. But like, guys, honestly, this book is such fluff. If you like fluff, then go for it. 


 

Pages: 275
Release Date: May 31, 2013
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Rating: ★★★
This is a stand alone novel that is an adult spin-off of the Lux Series You do not need to read a Lux book to read Obsession and vice versa.
He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.
Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.
Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.
Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?

Uh, I honestly didn't even read the summary, so I had no idea that this was an adult spin-off of the Lux series. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have read it. I had a pedestal in my mind for Armentrout where she could write hot romance without adding sex to the mix, but after reading this, I was disappointed. I didn't want to read sex in this book. I wanted to read about two people--human and Arum--falling in love. This book displayed instalove, and I disliked that a lot.

Serena (I had to look at the summary for the name. I didn't even remember it) and Hunter have nothing in common, and the only reason they were brought together was because Hunter was forced to protect her. And Serena and Hunter only embarked in a sexual relationship because they're sexually attracted to each other. So when they pop the l word out, it was extremely unbelievable.

I just didn't like this book as much. The only reason I gave it three stars was because of Hunter. Even though he was a callous little bitch, he was a hot callous little bitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: