Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lindsay's Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall by Susan Ee
Series: Penryn & The End of Days #1
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Angels
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 283
Published by Feral Dream on May 21, 2011
Date Read: September 6th, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
Recommended for ages 16 and up
Five stars has never meant so much for a book before. I wish I could give it one hundred, no one thousand stars! This book was so worth the rating I gave it and judging by other reviews I've seen, a lot of other readers thought so.

If you haven't guessed it by now, I'll just let you know that this book is now one of my absolute favorites, reining at the very top of my list right now. It even knocked down a book from my top shelf so I could put such a fantastic book with the other fantastic books.

Well, maybe now I should tell you why exactly this book is so good. The plot is about a girl surviving the post-apocalyptic world that the angels have destroyed and attempted to take over as her own. In the process of moving, one of the angels grabs her crippled younger sister and flies off with her, leaving Penryn the main character completely devastated and helpless. Until she finds a particularly hot angel dying on the ground and kidnaps him so he can help her save her sister.

Now, if the plot isn't unique enough for you, let me just say that it's been a very, very long time since a book as kept me on the edge of my seat, reading it every chance I got and even when I wasn't supposed to be reading. And top of that, I've been thinking about it ever since I completed the novel and continuously have been squealing about the hot male character Raffe to my mother. Let's just say that when I did the same to my dad, he just wouldn't hear it.

It's hard to explain why this book was so great without spoiling the plot and huge surprises for you, and normally I do a spoiler section, but this book is just too good to spoil for you. But I will tell you that I am completely and hopelessly in love with Raffe more than I have been with any male character. (Please don't tell my boyfriend) I have even been looking at fanart as I have become a helpless fangirl.

I cannot wait for the second book to come out in November. The way the book ended was really one of the best cliffhanger endings I have ever read with such a shocking thing happening in Penryn's search for her sister and also what happens with Raffe. Both things have kept me up at night wondering what was going to happen and I plan on reading this book again before the month is over, just because it was that amazing.

If my horrible review turned gushing fest hasn't convinced you to pick up this book, then let me give you one last try. PLEASE PICK UP THIS BOOK PLEASE IT WAS SO AMAZING AND RAFFE IS SO AMAZING AND PENRYN IS THE PERFECT FEMALE CHARACTER AND WE NEED TO DISCUSS THE ENDING THIS INSTANT.

Now that you can clearly see I have a problem, slowly click away from the page and pretend you didn't see anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: