Friday, January 3, 2014

Tori's Challenges of 2014!


Well, hello there. If you know me, then I love challenges. (Okay, maybe I don't really love challenges...but let's pretend I do for the sake of my previous statement, alright? Alright.) And I just happened to find this wonderful website around a week ago called Novel Challenges, which clearly states in their blog title, posts challenges. It's a website with a collection of challenges all over the internet, and I happened to find three that I wanted to participate in. Okay, I found more like 30, but I narrowed it down to three. 

This post is mainly just telling you about each challenge that I'm participating in this year! (Yes, they're all yearly challenges.) I wanted to participate in The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge but I already had too many challenges on my plate. Anyway, onto the challenges!

2013 Series Challenge!
Hosted by Read Sleep Repeat, (you can sign up and join in on the fun here) this challenge is pretty much just a challenge to finish all your series and/or start new series. The rules are clearly stated in the sign up post if you're interested. 

So far, I've compiled a list of series that I wish to start/finish this year. On my list, I have 24 series. That may seem like a lot of series to you, but I really only read series. I read standalones here and there, but series is mostly what I read. Here is the list of series that I want to read, which can also be found on this blog's menu under the tab 'challenges.'

This challenge seems like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to finish up those series that I've started and never finished!

2014 Dystopia Challenge!
This challenge is hosted by Blog of Erised and you can sign up here! A lot of the books on this list coincide with the books on the list from my 2014 Series Challenge which makes my life a hell of a lot easier. Hopefully I'll get all this reading done this year! I'm really excited and pumped for 2014, and I have this feeling that there's going to be a lot of reading done. 

Here is the list of books that I want to read this year for this particular challenge. There are 16 books on this list, but I'll most likely add more. I can't want to read a book and then add the strike-through on the title. That will give me great satisfaction. 

2014 Read Your Freebies!
Guys, I have a problem. Not only with buying books (wow, that's a major problem of mine) but downloading free ebooks onto my tablet. Literally, I have quite the collection of free ebooks, and chances are I'm going to get more as the year goes along. I mean, number one, it's a free book, and number two, some of them actually look pretty darn good. 

And so I joined the 2014 Read Your Freebies Challenge, hosted by The Book Vixen. You can join this challenge on her blog. Hopefully this challenge will kick off some freebies on my tablet as well as increase my Goodreads books read challenge goal thingy. (I've set that to 100 books this year. I read around 95 last year, so I think I can push for those remaining 5 books!)


So as you can see, I have a lot of reading to do this year... Not counting the books I bought yesterday... There's definitely going to be an In My Mailbox post (my first ever, woo!) on Monday. Be sure to come back and check that out! I always find it fun to see who's been reading what and what they've got recently in the book world. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: