Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review: Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo



14061955Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha #2
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Rating: ★★★★★
Pages: 432
Published by Henry Holt and Co. on June 4, 2013
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.
I just...this book...I can't even...

Life, I say. Life.

Alina's life sucks cow's ass, and Mal's life is just tough, and that Darkling's life is sad, you know? There is just so much depth to all these characters, and I feel bad for all of them at the same time, which isn't good, and I don't know why, but I wish I could just hug them all and tell them that life will be okay.

Poor Alina and her Sun Summoner power. Poor Mal and his constant battle with princes and Darklings. Poor Darkling and his power-hungry nature. Poor, poor, poor characters of Leigh Bardugo. Why must she create such sad characters? They have such tortured souls.

I honestly don't even know what to say about this book other than the ending managed to piss me off and satisfy me and excite me all at the same time, and I honestly have no problems with this book other than the fact that it was so good, and that it sucks that the third book isn't out yet.

COME ON LEIGH BARDUGO WRITE FASTER PLEASE I AM HAVING ANEURYSMS.

But other than that, this beginning really ticked me off. I mean, it was just so slow. Don't get me wrong, I'm still giving this five stars, but it took a bit of will power to get through the beginning. Nothing happens. The first half, in my opinion, is Alina complaining about her boy problems, which really doesn't appeal to me. I like a little bit of romance, but when you just throw in a whirlwind of romance, I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

But still. If you've read the first book, then you need to read this. If my rating doesn't say anything about this book, then I don't know what does.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: