Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tori's Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #2
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Rating:
Pages: 544
Published by Simon & Schuster on October 23, 2012
Date Finished: July 23, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.She can’t.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.They aren’t.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?
Okay, it will be very hard to write this review spoiler free and express all of my feelings toward this book, but I will try my hardest. But if you haven't read the first book, then expect spoilers from this review.


Other than the spoiler thing, I loved this book. I loved it so much. In fact, I loved it a lot more than the first book. It's much better. The writing, the plot, the characters--everything. It's so much better. You know those books where you just don't know what to write about the book? This is on of those books. I just don't know what to write because it was so amazing.

But I will try.

Mara Dyer. I loved her character. I have to admit that I disliked her in some scenarios because she kept being so damn annoying. She was such an annoying teenager at times. She would get into things that she didn't need to be getting into, and she was very irate with her parents that just wanted to help her. I have to admit that I understand some of her anger though. She knew that she saw Jude and yet neither of her parents were listening to her. That must've been hard for her.

But Noah. Noah believed her, didn't he? (God, writing about Noah is hard. If you've read this book, then you know why.) He believed her every step of the way, and I can't help but think she just acted ungrateful throughout the book. There were times when they were just plain adorable and I loved them together but then there were other times when I wanted to smash her head against the wall because she was neglecting to see that Noah had feelings too.

And then Jude. At the very end. Oh my god. Jude and Noah's epic battle (does that count as a spoiler?). It was so awesome. Noah just...Noah became so much sexier, to say the least.

I gave this book five stars mostly because of the plot though. In every chapter Hodkin managed to shock me with a new twist, whether it be small or large. I'm very curious to see what will become on Mara's sanity, and the whole ordeal she got herself into at the end. I cannot wait to read the next book, and that's exactly what I want to feel when I've finished a book in the series.

I feel as though Evolution did not suffer from Second Book Syndrome, in fact, this book killed it. Literally and figuratively. This book was a perfect transition to the last and final book in the trilogy.

If you haven't read the first book and you read this spoiler when I suggested not to, then go and read the first book. If you've only read the first book, and you're dying to read the second book, then go and read the second book. Either way, read this trilogy because it's just flat out amazing.

On a final note, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER, OH MY GOD, I NEED THE THIRD BOOK NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! If you leave a link to one of your posts, I will probably return the favor! (: